Silicon DP Series
by Dark to Light
The DP Series photocontrols utilize premium components and silicon light sensors which resist long-term drift of the turn-on level.Design Details:
- Silicon light sensor
- MOV surge protection rated for 320 Joules/9,500 Amps
- Sealed relay rated for a minimum of 5,000 operations at full load
- Turn-off light level is 1.5 times turn-on level
- 3.4 ounces each
- Dielectric strength: 5000V per ANSI
- Polypropylene cover, neoprene gasket, brass legs, acrylic window
- Six-year warranty
- Load rating: 1000W, 1800 VA ballast
- -40 to +70~176;C ambient, up to 90~176; interface per ANSI
- Power consumption: 0.5W
The power-up delay option prevents the control from activating for 45-60 seconds after power is applied. This allows lamp warm-up time so the installer can verify the system is working properly. It also allows for the system to be easily tested in the future. When power is shut off and then reconnected (at the pole base) and the lamp turns on briefly and then turns off, it confirms that the control, fixture, lamp and voltage supply are working correctly.
The relay is normally open to fail in the off position and prevent day burning fixtures.
Inverse Ratio Controls:
This option is ideal for areas where it is important to turn on lights early, but energy costs are a concern. The turn-off level is lower than the turn-on level.