nLight Demand Response Client Interface
OpenADR is an open and standardized way for electricity providers to communicate demand response signals with their customers using a common language over any existing IP-based communications network, such as the Internet. The nADR client allows an nLight system to integrate with an OpenADR 2.0a Demand Response Automation Server (DRAS). This device functions by communicating with a configured OpenADR DRAS to retrieve live power demand information from the utility company and shed load according to pre-configured user settings. The device supports four demand response settings: None, Moderate, High and Special; allowing a user to define load shed strategies for each mode.
- Automated demand response and load shed capabilities for nLight systems
- Enables 2013 CA Title 24 compliance
- Enables LEED Version 4 compliance. Qualifies building for a 2-point credit
- Acuity Controls Virtual End Point (VEN) to Open Automated Demand Response 2.0a (OpenADR) Demand Response Automation Server (DRAS)
- Supports four demand response levels (None, Moderate, High, Special)
- Supports integration through proxy servers, if required