Auditoriums may be practical lecture halls or lean toward the dramatic. Flexible, versatile lighting is key for meeting an auditorium’s diverse needs. Whether a professor is lecturing to 400 students, displaying slides on a screen, or showing a film clip, lighting must be able to adapt to provide the optimum experience. When you can go from test taking to stage performances in the same day, the variation required in auditorium light levels can be great.
Lighting can impact the patron experience as well as student performance. A smart auditorium lighting system — utilizing LED technology and an easy user interface — provides a solution that can be as simple or dramatic as needed.
Acuity Brands can offer a complete LED auditorium lighting solution that addresses the varied and unique needs of this multiuse space while also reducing maintenance and operational costs.
Our LED auditorium lighting solution includes:
- Broad selection of luminaires for layering of light Stage lighting with integrated controls to customize scenes and brightness
- General ambient illumination for the audience, offering a narrow field angle for visual comfort
- Wallwash lighting for the perimeter
- Aisle lighting for walkways
Auditorium lighting controls complete the solution with:
- Occupancy sensors and dimming capabilities to save energy
- Ability to create lighting schedules and scenes
- Color-changing capabilities
- Ability to address each luminaire for individual or zone control