This policy provides our requirements regarding use of literature and promotional materials, sales aids, data sheets, brochures, bills of material, specification sheets, articles and press releases, audio files, graphics, animation, images, videos, dynamic graphic materials, and 360 product views, descriptive text (including dimensions, materials, weight, country of origin and other descriptive information), competitor cross-reference data, regulatory compliance information, instructions, and other information and materials with respect to Acuity Brands products (“Product Materials”). No Product Materials may be downloaded from the Acuity Brands website without the written permission of Acuity Brands.
As the need to address future product-related concerns arises, we may cancel, modify, or change the terms of this policy from time to time without notice to you, unless otherwise agreed in writing with you. You, as a user of Product Materials (“you”), are responsible for complying with any modified terms, so please review this policy and become familiar with any modifications we publish.
Your use of any Product Materials indicates acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms of this policy. If you do not accept and agree to follow the rules for using the Product Materials as set out in this policy, you do not have the right to use the Product Materials and should not use them. Any use of the Product Material that is made without the written permission of Acuity Brands or that does not comply with this policy is not authorized.
Rules for Using the Product Materials
You must comply with all the following rules when using Product Materials:
- Product Materials may only be used to promote, market and sell Acuity Brands products and to provide related technical assistance and educational materials for the benefit of Acuity Brands, in the United States or Canada, or otherwise with the permission of Acuity Brands. You may not use the Product Materials with a product or service of a company other than Acuity Brands.
- You acknowledge that Acuity Brands, its affiliates and licensors are the sole and exclusive owners of the Product Materials, including all applicable intellectual property rights, and any goodwill generated from using the Product Materials will inure to the benefit of such parties only. You may not assert ownership rights in any Product Materials.
- You must use the Product Materials strictly in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- You may not remove or destroy any proprietary markings, copyright or patent notices placed upon or contained within the Product Materials.
- Whenever you use any of the Product Materials in any advertising or other promotional material of any kind, you must provide a notice in connection with such materials to indicate that the Product Materials are owned by Acuity Brands.
- Product Materials intended for one geographic location may not be used in another geographic location.
- Use of the Product Materials is subject to the following limitations:
- No Product Materials may be used in any way that mischaracterizes any relationship between you and Acuity Brands.
- No Product Materials may be used in any manner that, in the sole discretion of Acuity Brands, discredits Acuity Brands or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill.
- No Product Materials may be used in any manner that is inconsistent with Acuity Brands’ ownership of the Product Materials or that infringes, dilutes, depreciates the value, or impairs the rights of Acuity Brands in the Product Materials.
- No Product Materials may be used in any manner that is false or misleading.
- No Product Materials may be used in connection with any pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that are defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- No Product Materials may be used in any manner that violates the trademark, copyright or any other intellectual property rights of others.
- You must, upon request from Acuity Brands, provide samples of any of your materials that include the Product Materials for purposes of determining compliance with this policy. You must make any changes to your use of the Product Materials as are requested by Acuity Brands for policy compliance. Your failure to comply with any of the terms, restrictions, conditions, or limitations in this policy will result in automatic termination of your limited right to use the Product Materials, unless Acuity Brands requests changes and you promptly comply with such requests, or unless otherwise provided in a written agreement between you and Acuity Brands. This remedy is in addition to any other legal remedies to which Acuity Brands may be entitled in relation to Your use of the Product Materials.
- You must immediately stop using or change the applicable Product Materials if Acuity Brands notifies you that the Product Materials have become outdated for any reason including, but not limited to, a product discontinuance, loss of a trademark, change in product line or any change in law or fact that impacts the accuracy of any content contained in the Product Materials or the Product Materials are alleged to be in violation of the rights of any third party.
- Business partners who have agreements with Acuity Brands must comply with the terms of their agreement in addition to this policy.
If you would like to make any use of our Product Materials that is not covered by this policy, or for further information or clarification about use of the Product Materials, please contact email@example.com.
Rev. 1 (03.31.17)