ROAM works through a large mesh network of intelligent photocontrols, or nodes, that monitor outdoor lighting. It then communicates information needed to control their performance – easily, individually and precisely.
Each node simply replaces the twist-on photocell that’s atop your existing fixture. The node responds to system commands and monitors fixture performance, ensuring that each fixture is doing exactly what it is programmed to do.
- Installed one per LED, HID or other type of lighting fixture
- Monitor voltage and current to send information to gateway
- Operate through commands received from gateway
- Can be spaced up to 1,000 feet apart
Each ROAM gateway receives data and transmits commands to nodes, with each one communicating with up to 2,000 devices. They are mounted on poles or attached to buildings, and uplink via Ethernet communication, or, in the case of ROAM, also by cellular link.
- Uplink via cellular or Ethernet communication
- Communicate with up to 2,000 nodes
- Transmit/receive fixture data to/from nodes and forwards to network
- Mount on pole or building
Your self-hosted ROAMview server collects, store and analyze your data from maximum lighting-control efficiency and accountability.
- Pre-configured with ROAMview software
- Collects and stores lighting system performance data
- See more at: http://www.acuitybrands.com/products/controls/roamview-system-overview#sthash.uvDtrU1s.dpuf